Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/10/12


Today in human geography we presented our power point on Native Americans. We explained when they came to the Americas (about 14,000 years ago), how they got there, and a lot of other things. The other two groups also presented. The other two groups were Vikings and Christopher Columbus. Something I never realized until the recent presentation on Columbus is how horrible of a person he was. He was someone I learned about as I grew up and someone that everybody knows the name of but there is a lot more to his story. First of all he did not discover America. People were already living there, he just brought more people there to make profit off of the country. It also talked about how he actually cut off the hands of the natives and he enslaved people to do his work for him and he even raped women. I realize what a horrible person he is and how undeserving he is to be so famous in history. The only word that comes to my mind when I think of his story now is: disgusting. We are going to hear the rest of the presentation tomorrow, so I am very interested to hear the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment